Thursday, May 16, 2013

Hippo Night Watch

Very close to the Chatuchak or JJ Weekend Market in Bangkok - Thailand, you can find one of my favorite shopping malls: JJ Mall. The JJ Weekend Market is only open (you guessed it right!) during the weekend. The JJ Mall is a 3 story shopping mall, open every day of the week. In the basement I spotted a small shop full with paintings of animals. A large painting with eight cats caught my attention. Eight cute cats sitting on a highway in the moonlight, with in the background skyscrapers and party lights. A very cool painting... I did not buy. I do have to mention it though, because it was that cat painting, that sparked the idea for a painting that I ordered.

"Excuse me? Could you make a similar painting, only not with cats but with hippos? Oh... and I do like the moonlight and the stars, but I would like a painting without the skyscrapers and party lights.... and also maybe not eight hippos on the road...."  


jano_ole@yahoo.co.th

And what a great job the artist did! Thank you Ole, for painting the cutest "Night Watch" ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment